North Emanuel is committed to being present in the neighborhood around the church, building relationships and discover how to partner with God in the world. All of our service projects and outreach events are designed to span the generations and involve everyone from babies to elders. Our outreach activities include:
- “Paws for Prayer”: in the spring and summer, we invite folks to bring their dogs and walk in the neighborhood to greet and meet one another.
- “Ice Cream at the Corner”: for four weeks in the summer, we give away free ice cream in front of the church
- Outdoor Worship: Picnic Church is held in June while Campfire Worship is held in the fall. We have worship, cookouts, music and loads of fun!
- Trunk ‘n Treat: the children of the neighborhood are invited to the church parking lot each Halloween for “trick ‘n treating” from the car trunks of cars.
We also invite people into congregational service projects which include:
- “Love in a Glove Box”: we package personal care items that might be useful for people living on the streets 3-4 times/year, then distribute the packages to members who then give them away as they go about their daily lives and see people in need.
- Fourth Thursday Sandwich Distribution: Every fourth Thursday of the month we make turkey/cheese sandwiches to deliver to Shobi’s Table on Payne Avenue, Saint Paul. We distribute them to the folks who come for lunch and worship at Shobi’s Table.